Before I start the tips, let's enjoy a video from a young Malaysian Chinese man Namewee 黃明志 complained to Tenaga Nasional Berhad due he encountered third power breakdown in one year. I just learned a new abbreviation from him, TNB stands for Tiu Nia Bu because according to him, TNB's staff always makan pisang and minum kopi but do nothing and caused power breakdown. Is it true?

The video of 黃明志大鬧國家能源局:



BTW, power breakdown and power shutdown are different; one is planned and another one is unplanned.

Anyway, we have to pay electricity bill on time every month, late payment will be charged interest. But when power failure caused by TNB, they don't pay you because they are protected by Electricity Supply Act, do you know that? I consulted a lawyer when TNB's breakdown for 3 days in Melaka few years back whether I can sue TNB to ask for compensation due to the production lost, the lawyer asked me don't waste my money because so far there is no winnning case, always TNB wins because Electricity Supply Act protected them.

So, what's the tip I want to share in this post?

1. Pay TNB bill on time, or else late payment interest will be charged in the following bill.

2. Don't waste your energy and money to sue TNB, you can't win; to be more precise, I should say - Very Hard To Win! So, save the money, if you intend to sue TNB, the winner will be the Lawyer.

3. When call TNB to report breakdown, TNB's Hotline is 15454. To save your money, don't use your handphone to call this number because the charges is damn expensive, use fixed line to call 15454.